A persistent threat over recent decades and a continuing burden to global economic development, financial crime, fraud, corruption, and money laundering, has developed into a focal point in the continued development of financial services.. With an ever expanding armoury of regulation, and with criminals more intent on exploiting systemic gaps than ever before, this programme will look at ways to minimise institutional risk and reduce potential exposure to growing threat of both internal and external financial crime. This course will give participants of detailed overview of the history and background of financial crime, money laundering, fraud prevention, bribery, and corruption, looking at a wide range of financial crime scenarios to develop a deep understanding of these issues from a theoretical and practical perspective. The program is focused on the financial services industry, looking at the role of regulators, international bodies, and NGO’s. It will aim to develop skills to help organisations minimise their exposure and risk to this growing area of global crime, using current trends and typologies to adequately establish frameworks for continued deterrence.
Delivery Type: Group Live | Prerequisites: None | Level: Advanced Training | This Program is worth: 35 NASBA CPE credits
I really do had a wonderful time during the training and the exposure I have gained. Also meeting with different people and getting to know of more different ways and approaches in different organizations through the interactive sessions we had. I am satisfied with the training, and also look for future opportunities of training with LEORON.
Saipem Contracting Nigeria Ltd.
It truly was a wonderfully structured and entertaining class. It was amazing how time flew by! I could definitely tell that our instructor, loves what he does. His class energized me! The format of the class and the class materials were quite different from another classes I took, and in my opinion, much more logical. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am actually excited to take more courses with LEORON!
Eng. Osama N. Al-Buhaisi
Retal Urban Development Company
“Thanks for facilitating great training that we can put in to practice as soon as Monday next week. I take with me a lot of great learning's from each one of you and I'm happy that I have more professional colleagues than I had before on Monday morning". Have fun and please keep it touch through THE BETTER OPTION!!”
“Thanks for good work you did last week. In my opinion that was the best interactive course I have ever attended.”
Kenya National Highways
1. Understand the history and evolution of money laundering and terrorist financing, looking at the criminal history and global development of white collar crime.
2. Look into global, regional, and local frameworks that have been adopted to better understand how various jurisdictions battle the threat of financial crime, corruption, and fraud.
3. Assess current trends, including sanctions and trade-based money laundering, and what the RiskBased Approach means for you, as well as potential future developments.
4. Build an awareness and understanding of how financial crime and Fraud Prevention fit into your broader Compliance Framework, and the skills and knowledge required to achieve sustainability.
5. Understand international regulatory regimes, the growing interconnectedness of governmental bodies, and the changing nature of evolving financial crime threats.
Facts & Numbers
offices throughout the world
training sectors we operate in
International Associations and Institutes
Public sessions a year
trained professionals in 2016