As more organizations go lean, the demand for skilled workers and a system-wide approach for developing and implementing lean project plans is escalating. This course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and tools to map the path to lean culture at your organization. The APICS Lean Enterprise Workshop Series is an in-depth seven-workshop study of the lean principles that companies need in order to meet the demand of today’s manufacturing and service environments. This course will:
– help you successfully map out your goals, for both you and your organization.
– provide you with the skills, insights and tools you need to save time and money.
– increase your value to your organization, and the industry as a whole.
In the workshop series, participants will follow Murphy’s Toys, a fictitious company, through their lean transformation, and learn lean principles and methodologies along the way. The series offers numerous interactive activities for participants to maximize learning and retention, master lean terminology, and create a lean implementation plan. Murphy’s Toys is a manufacturing company. However, lean principles are very relevant to the service industry. You will note in the lean readiness assessment that almost all aspects of lean are applicable for the service industry. Principles
such as value mapping, continuous improvement, and flow all apply to service, although the systems surrounding the principles may appear different. We encourage you to ask participants how each section of the series applies to the service industry and to tailor examples to service businesses.
- Understand the improvement principles based on the lean management methodology
- Complete a self-assessment to determine your organization’s readiness to implement lean
- Gain practical experience analyzing how to incorporate lean into organizations
- Develop a project plan for implementing lean into your organization
- Define a solution and present it to management and other stakeholders
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The training is designed for all professionals who can or will be involved with the implementation or application of Lean Management within SMEs and of large corporations. In addition, employees in other corporate functions that are dealing with lean management project implementation of policies may also find this training useful.
Attendees can be for example:
– Supply Chain Managers, Production and Operations managers, Logistics and Distribution managers, Material and Planning managers, Purchasing managers as well sustainability and quality managers
– Planners, purchasers, engineers and Supply Chain specialists, quality controllers
– IT professionals and -managers
– Project managers
APICS The Association for Operations Management is the global leader and premier source of the body of knowledge in supply chain and operations management, including production, inventory, materials management, purchasing, and logistics. Since 1957, individuals and companies have relied on APICS for its superior training, internationally recognized certifications, comprehensive resources, and worldwide network of accomplished industry professionals. APICS recognizes the contributions supply chain and operations management professionals make to their employers and the global economy and has developed a comprehensive suite of educational resources, including:
– education, training, industry publications and research, and world-renowned certification programs
– opportunities for career development, networking, and best practice sharing
– local and global membership and affiliation opportunities worldwide.
- Length 5 days
- Industry Quality Management
- Association APICS - American Production and Inventory Control Society
- This program is worth
- MURPHY’S TOYS – Master Case Study
- The improvement umbrella
- Lean Enterprise
- Lean Culture
- Value Stream Mapping
- Stability and Process Improvements