The Certificate in Credit Analysis – Writing effective credit memorandums is a specialty program for banking professionals that are involved in the credit granting and approval process. This highly interactive course aims to dramatically improve the financial awareness of how to read and interpret financial statements.
For credit memorandums to transition from their current use as a regulatory compliance document to an effective internal risk assessment tool will require training, coaching and reinforcement from management. The program provides the foundation knowledge to bridge that gap.
The concepts and approach may appear obvious when presented by a seasoned expert but in reality are not so easy to implement and to achieve change if the program is superficial and not thorough in detail to measurable benefits. This program is highly interactive and case study driven.
- Practical understanding and knowledge of how to read and interpret financial statements to identify risk areas for credit lending
- Core understanding of the strengths and limitations of using a private company’s financial statements to make credit and lending decisions
- Cash flow risk identification on loan repayments
- Comprehensive understanding of how to write a top-notch credit memorandum
- Ability to identify weaknesses in current risk assessment that flow to the credit memorandum
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is suitable for a variety of managers at midlevel across the organization, including:
- Relationship Managers
- Operations Managers
- Back and Middle Office Managers
- Risk Managers
- Internal Control Officers
- Auditors/ Compliance/ Accountants
CERTIFICATE IN CREDIT ANALYSIS CERTIFICATION
LSBF EE offers a range of short programmes and postgraduate certificate courses, tailored specifically to the needs of working professionals who want to succeed in today’s globalised business climate.
The school was established in 2003 and has campuses in the UK and Singapore; it is also partnered with the award-winning online platform InterActive, delivering education to students around the world who can’t attend classes on campus.
The LSBF experience is career-driven, tailored to each individual student, and led by expert tutors who are passionate about their subject and about teaching.
– FUNDAMENTAL COMPONENTS OF THE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
– IFRS STANDARDS FOR ASSETS
– IFRS STANDARDS FOR LIABILITIES
– IFRS STANDARDS FOR PROFIT OR LOSS
– OTHER IFRS STANDARDS
– THE CREDIT MEMORANDUM
– THE PRELIMINARY ASSESSMENT
– CORPORATE SCANDALS AND LESSONS LEARNED FROM LACK OF FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
– FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT
– RATIOS AND HOW TO USE THEM
– WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
– CORPORATE FAILURE INDICATORS
– RISK ANALYSIS
– DuPont RATIO ANALYSIS
– FINANCIAL STATEMENT FRAUD AND AGGRESSIVE ACCOUNTING PRACTICES
– CASH FLOW ANALYSIS
– RISK ASSESSMENT AND MITIGATION IN THE CONTEXT OF THE PURPOSE, AMOUNT, REPAYMENT AND SECURITY OF THE PROPOSED FACILITY
– ASSESSING STRENGTH OF REPAYMENT SOURCES/ WAY OUT ANALYSIS
– COURSE CONCLUSION AND WRAP UP