CBTM Certificate in Banking Treasury Management
Treasury management in the banking sector is constantly changing and posing new challenges. This certificate course focuses on how to stay ahead of the curve in terms of best practices and current and emerging possibilities in the arena of bank treasury in the GCC countries.
Attendees will gain an understanding of topics encompassing foreign exchange, money markets, securities markets, derivatives, liquidity management and all aspects of treasury risk management (including credit risk, market risk and operational risk).
In the aftermath of the 2008 global financial crisis regulators and other supervisory authorities have placed a greater emphasis on regulatory oversight and compliance. The course will examine the effects of these changes on bank treasury operations with particular reference to the GCC countries.
As this is a certified course, those attending will be tested to assess their comprehension of the subject matter. The trainees will be asked to undertake brief case studies and to complete a multiple-choice test on the final day of the course.
- Explain why foreign exchange is important to commercial banks and bank customers
- Outline the present system of floating exchange rates and describe how it evolved
- Understand the various types of derivative instruments, including futures, FRAs, swaps, options, etc.
- Understand how banks manage short-term and long term liquidity
- Describe the various types of risks that arise in a bank’s treasury and the ways in which such risks can be managed
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Senior dealers and dealers engaged in investment and foreign exchange markets.
- Middle managers and staff working on middle office and back office areas.
- Middle management and staff responsible for the development of internal policies and procedures.
- Middle management and staff working in the internal audit department.
At the completion of this course, including the case studies and proficiency check, the course participant will be able to:
- Calculate spot, cross currency, forward and spot rates;
- Understand the development of the international money markets;
- Describe the ways in which money market instruments and securities are priced and dealt;
- Understand how banks manage short-term and long term liquidity.
- Appreciate the impact of the 2008 global financial crisis and the consequential developments in regulatory oversight.
- Understand how changes in regulatory capital requirements, anti-money laundering legislation and compliance issues impact bank treasury operations, including those in the GCC countries.
- Foreign Exchange Markets
- Money Markets
- Securities Markets
- Liquidity Management
- Risk management in banks
- Developments in regulatory oversight