SQM Certificate in Strategic Quality Management
This intensive three-day program is designed for managers who want to transform into positions of leadership. Participants will gain a practical understanding of how to assess strategic goals and objectives and develop subordinates into high performing teams. A structured approach to team building will be demonstrated through in-class workshops by applying traditional tools of quality to align goals and objectives of all company employees with the strategic goals established by company leadership. Reflections of the theories of quality guru W. Edwards Deming and the father of modern management Peter Drucker will be reviewed in the perspective of the 2017 business environment.
This program will utilize the applications of quality theory and methodology in a holistic approach to supporting business excellence while utilizing all employees. The use of quality tools to support fact based strategic decision making, as well as tactical actions planning will be emphasized. Participants will gain an advanced understanding of how a contemporary quality management system supports strategy and operations by utilizing the existing internal intellectual capital, the people, its employees, to accomplish organizational excellence.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone tasked with business operations decision making
- Individuals who are responsible supervising others within an organization
- Performance management specialist (human Resource planning)
- Quality managers transforming to organizational excellence
Upon completion of this three-day learning experience, attendees will be able to:
- Comprehend how to transform an organization to twenty-first century performance excellence through the advancement of managers into leaders reviewing Deming and Drucker’s views of employees and leaders
- Transforming individual employees into high performing teams
- Hypothesize the internal and external factors directly impacting an organization’s performance using fact based analysis, traditional quality tools, by applying both qualitative and quantitative quality based techniques to support strategic decision making
- Develop business case impacted leadership programs which promote the retention of an organization’s intellectual capital
DAY 1 (AM)
– What is Strategic Quality Management?
– Assessing strengths and weaknesses of traditional models
DAY 1 (PM)
– Breaking down functional silos in applying strategic quality
DAY 2 (AM)
– Personal leadership evaluation and company readiness assessment
– Developing a culture of strategic organizational excellence through leadership for the New Millennium
– Management and leadership, understanding the difference
DAY 3 (AM)
– Strategic Organizational leadership
DAY 3 (PM)
– Looking Forward