CBSC Certificate in Strategy Management and the Balanced Scorecard
One of the key challenges that most organizations face is strategic alignment between the top management and the workforce. Most companies create great sounding vision statements, design brilliant strategic plans, but fail to explain to the broader spectrum of employees, the actual meaning of these strategies. As a result, employees cannot engage in achieving the company objectives, strategies and vision as they don’t feel part of it.
The objective of these program is to create greater awareness among delegates about the importance of strategic planning for the organization, its understanding by the employees and vertical strategic alignment in the organization.
The program has three parts:
1. Strategic Competencies Assessment
2. Building Your Strategy – Approaches and Techniques
3. Knowledge Application into Workplace
The workshop is typically run with hands on case study exercises for the delegates. Wherever possible, we will use your own business issues as the case study for the exercises as well as introducing best practice case studies from industries around the world. The working session will combine to build a total output of strategy. Participants will be able to work with their own business realities and experiment in using the techniques for a familiar business environment.
COURSE KEY TAKEAWAYS
1. Learn how to build strategic thinking and awareness for executives and managers
2. Understand how to apply the latest techniques used by the business gurus
3.Detecting the critical issues facing your own strategy development and deployment
4. Learn to better understand the role of the performance measurement in strategic planning
5. Developing and using balanced scorecards
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Executive Directors
- Heads of Department
- Plus any management stakeholder responsible for company strategy
Strategy Management and the Balanced Scorecard course certification is done through London School of Finance and Business – Executive Education
LSBF has grown from a single college focused on professional qualifications to an international network delivering a wide range of degrees in partnership with a variety of schools and associations. The college now has campuses all over the world including the UK, Singapore, and Canada, as well as using the online platform InterActive to deliver education to students who can’t attend a campus. It is a member of Global University Systems (GUS), which is a growing network of 20 institutions and academic partners providing education to over 40,000 students worldwide. In 2013, LSBF won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise. LSBF won two Global Business Excellence Awards in 2014 for ‘Outstanding Educational Service’ and ‘Outstanding Executive’.
DEVELOPING A STRATEGY
- WHAT IS STRATEGY
- WHO ARE WE?
- WHERE SHOULD WE BE COMPETING?
- BUILDING THE STRATEGY – APPROACHES AND TECHNIQUES
- STRATEGY & THE ORGANISATION
- ONGOING DEVELOPMENT
STRATEGY MANAGEMENT & IMPLEMENTATION
- THE STRATEGY MAP
- THE “BALANCED SCORECARD AS AN APPROACH TO STRATEGY MANAGEMENT & IMPLEMENTATION
- STRATEGIC MEASURES & KPIS
- INITIATIVES & STRATEGY
- ALIGNING THE ORGANISATION
- STRATEGY REVIEW & RISK
- GROUPS CASE STUDY & ASSESSMENTCONCLUSIONS