+971 56 389 3838
+971 4 447 57 11 ext.6639
+966 11 464 48 65 ext.6639 [email protected]
Participants in this course will gain a full understanding as to today’s best practices in Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Certified Enterprise Risk Management program has been structured to be highly interactive and involving to encourage participants to engage with others to identify where companies have gone wrong in the past, why they experienced issues, what risks they missed or ignored and how these issues could find their way into their own organizations.
Once these issues are understood, participants will learn the simple but effective methods on how to design a strong risk function and operate Enterprise Risk Management processes which will help enhance performance against the strategic objectives of the organization, protect against losses and reduce uncertainty.
Equally important, participants will be given the best toolkit to enable key risks to be identified, recorded, measured, stressed and where possible mitigated or accepted (dependent upon the strategic Risk Appetite for that type or individual risk) and how best to report the findings to the Board.
All of the above, will help participants learn about the best practices to develop and maintain a strong risk culture within an organization which is aligned to the Boards Strategic aims.
COURSE KEY TAKEAWAYS
- Understand the need for an effective Enterprise Risk Management Framework and what the key components of an ERM are and how these should be implemented
- Risk Culture – what is good, what is bad and how to ensure that it is effective throughout the entire Enterprise
- Understand the risks that Firms face and how these should be identified, recorded, stressed and managed in the most effective manner using best practice – Risk Appetite, Risk Registers, Risk Control Self Assessments, Key Risk Indicators, Key Control Indicators, Scenario Analysis, Stress Tests and Good Management Information
- Understand the need for excellent Risk Management to bring all the parts of the ERM together and how this can be done
- Most importantly, be able to go back into your organization and make a difference. Be able to show that with a good ERM your company can become more profitable and yet more resilient to shocks
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course has been designed to benefit anyone from any discipline who has responsibility for the management of a function within an enterprise and who has some input into the risk framework of their company already.
Their level could be Manager to Director, Front Office, Operations, Finance, IT, Audit, Risk, Compliance, HR, Facilities Management, External Relationships, Corporate Office, Consultants, Analysts…
ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATION
The International Academy of Business and Financial Management is one of the world’s fastest growing professional associations with more than 200,000 members, associates and affiliates in 145 countries. IABFM™ hosts and organizes certification training worldwide and offers exclusive board designations to candidates who meet the highest professional standards and assessment criteria.
The IABFM is credited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) the International Standards setting authority.
- Length 5 days
- Level Advanced
- Industry Risk Management
- Prerequisites For anyone working in a risk analysis / risk management relevant role who can demonstrate the appropriate skills and knowledge
- Association IABFM - International Academy of Business and Financial Management
- Language English
- This program is worth 35 NASBA CPE credits
– Establishing The Scene – Predominately Workshops and Recording of Feedback
– Analysis of Strategic, Market, Credit, Liquidity and Operational Risk – Lectures, discussions and workshops
– Reporting of Risk – Lectures, discussions and workshops
– Risk Tails and how are they quantified and managed
– The Regulator, Disclosure, Reputational Risk and Mistakes To Avoid, Exam