The Certified Facility Manager® (CFM) credential sets the industry standard for ensuring the knowledge and competence of practicing facility managers as the most respected global credential in facility management. Now more than ever, recognizing competency, establishing benchmarks and setting performance standards are vital to the global economy. Never before have public and private sector employers relied as much on certification organizations as they do today. Professional associations are now taking a lead role in the development of credentialing programs, and IFMA’s CFM program was the first, and is still the only globally recognized, certification in facility management. IFMA’s certification process is designed to assess competency in the field through work experience, education and the ability to pass a comprehensive exam that covers 11 competencies that make up the facility management body of knowledge. Since the program began in 1992, more than 3,100 facility managers from 32 countries have achieved this prestigious recognition.
COURSE KEY TAKEAWAYS
- Assure professional excellence
- Establish standards for global professional practice
- Meet the demands of global employers
- Promote the added value of the profession
- Influence the future direction of the profession
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Ideal candidates must meet certain education and experience requirements before sitting for the exam. To view requirements, visit the IFMA Web site at www.ifma.org.
- Mid- to senior-level FM professionals meeting education and experience requirements.
CERTIFIED FACILITY MANAGER CERTIFICATION
Founded in 1980, IFMA is the world’s largest and most widely recognized international association for facility management professionals, supporting more than 23,500 members in 94 countries. The association’s members, represented in 130 chapters and 17 councils worldwide, manage more than 37 billion square feet of property and annually purchase more than US$100 billion in products and services. To meet its mission to “advance the facility management profession by providing exceptional services, products, resources and opportunities,” on an annual basis IFMA:
- Certifies facility managers through three credentialing programs.
- Produces World Workplace, the world’s largest facility management conference and exposition, and Facility Fusion, a more intimate gathering of FM professionals with powerful networking and a fusion of education, leadership training, best practices and an exposition.
- Conducts research that strengthens the knowledge and skills of FM professionals while advancing the FM profession.
- Provides a wide range of educational courses from entry-level programs to those for highly experienced facility managers.
- Length 5 days
- Level Advanced Training
- Industry Facility Management
- Prerequisites None
- Association IFMA - International Facility Management Association
- Language English
- This program is worth 35 NASBA CPE credits
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY
ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP AND SUSTAINABILITY
LEADERSHIP & STRATEGY
LEADERSHIP & STRATEGY
OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE
REAL ESTATE AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
CFM REVIEW WORKSHOP