As organizations around the globe continue to adjust to economic uncertainties, the need for experienced finance professionals in the corporate environment has steadily increased over the past several years. As a result, many firms are seeking the most qualified individuals to analyze trends and manage the financial future of their organization. For individuals who practice financial planning and analysis (FP&A), this unique professional designation will enable them to differentiate themselves within the finance profession and validate their understanding of the complex processes, tools and uniform standards. It will also allow employers to identify the best candidates.
- Discover the knowledge and gain the confidence you need to pass AFP’s Certified Corporate FP&A Professional exam.
- Identify specific opportunities to increase the strategic value offered by the FP&A function at your company.
- Learn how to manage FP&A projects and align people, process and right-size the technology to deliver the FP&A services.
- Learn how to build and refine models, effective analysis of data and aptly use them in the planning process.
- Learn how to leverage Business Intelligence (BI), Corporate Performance Management (CPM), Excel, and ERP systems to deliver a best in class FP&S function at your company.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Financial planning and analysis is an important part of any corporate finance strategy. As a result, many firms are seeking the most qualified individuals to analyze trends and manage the financial future of their organization. Consequently, this course will benefit:
- Corporate practitioners performing or managing finance planning and analysis functions, including
- Financial modeling
- Corporate financial planning/strategic planning
- Financial analysis
- Technical and administrative staff supporting the corporate finance function
- Professionals developing and implementing products and services for use by finance organization
- Consultants specializing in the finance arenas
- Finance instructors teaching at educational institutions
- Students with interests in finance-/businessrelated fields
- Individuals preparing for the Certified Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis Professional (FP&A) examination
The AFP FP&A Learning System course is an excellent resource for those preparing for the Certified Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis Professional (FP&A) examination as well as everyday work practice.
CERTIFIED IN FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS CERTIFICATION
The Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) serves a network of more than 16,000 treasury and finance professionals. Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, AFP provides members with breaking news, economic research and data on the evolving world of treasury and finance, as well as world-class treasury certification programs, networking events, financial analytical tools, training, and public policy representation to legislators and regulators. AFP is the daily resource for treasury and finance professionals.
AFP’s global reach extends to over 150,000 treasury and financial professionals worldwide, including AFP of Canada, London-based gtnews, an on-line resource for the treasury and finance community, and bobsguide, a financial IT solutions network.
The Committee on Investment of Employee Benefit Assets (CIEBA), an AFP affiliate, represents more than 110 of the largest corporate pension funds in the U.S. with over $1.5 trillion in retirement plan assets
– Welcome Session and Course Introduction
– SESSION 1
— Part 1, Domain A: Gathering and Interpreting Information
– SESSION 2
— Part I, Domain B: Finance Fundamentals
– BEGIN SESSION 3
– BEGIN SESSION 3
– SESSION 4
– SESSION 5
— Part II, Domain A: Analyzing Information
– SESSION 6
– SESSION 7
– BEGIN SESSION 8
– COMPLETE SESSION 8
— Part II, Domain B: Building Financial Projections
– SESSION 9
– SESSION 10
— Part II, Domain C: Using Technology/Software
– SESSION 11
– SESSION 12
– SESSION 13
— End-Course Review Session – Part II