Blerta Isai Mustafa
+971 56 389 3838 UAE: +971 4 447 5711 E.6644 [email protected]
In today’s complex global business environment, having a transparent view of information and a coordinated approach to the governance, management and assurance of performance, risk and compliance is critical to success. Organizations that understand and apply the principles of integrated governance, risk management and compliance (GRC), in both processes and technology, have a real competitive advantage. They improve their ability to make well-informed strategic decisions and are better able to respond with agility and speed to threats and opportunities that arise. These organizations are more profitable and sustain the challenges of business by following the practice of being a Principled Performer, an organization that reliably achieves its objectives, while managing uncertainty and acting with integrity.
The objective of this seminar is to provide attendees with the knowledge necessary to effectively design and enhance integrated GRC activities across the organization based on established GRC standards from OECG, the organization that defined GRC and is the only international framework model related to GRC. At the heart of the seminar is the OCEG GRC Capability Model. Although various standards and frameworks exist to address discrete portions of governance, risk management and compliance issues, the OCEG GRC Capability Model is the only open standard that provides comprehensive and detailed practices for building and implementing an integrated GRC capability. This GRC capability incorporates the various departments in an organization charged with the major activities into an integrated GRC capability (e.g. audit, legal, human resources, IT, compliance, risk management, ethics, the boards, etc…).
This five-day course, that provides 35 hours of CPE, enables participants to effectively design and enhance GRC activities within any organization based on established, internationally recognized GRC standards, and effectively audit the GRC capability. This program also prepares participants to enhance their professional credentials by taking the GRC Professional certification exam as part of the course, offered by OCEG, and the GRC Audit certification. Participants will have the opportunity to walk away from the course not only with the knowledge and tools to develop a GRC capability, but also individual certifications as a GRC Professional and GRC Audit.
Through lectures and practical group interaction, discussions, and exercises, participants will learn about defining a GRC strategy; integrating and improving organizational performance, risk and compliance programs; strengthening core business processes; and improving use of technology to support the integrated governance, management and assurance of performance, risk and compliance. This training program provides participants with the skills and resources needed to help an organization improve its GRC capability by implementing the publicly vetted open source standards set out in OCEG’s GRC Capability Model. Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills necessary to effectively design and operate an integrated GRC capability at their organization.
COURSE KEY TAKEAWAYS
- Identifying and assessing high impact rewards, risks, and compliance requirements
- How to integrate the various GRC activities in your organization into one integrated GRC capability (e.g. audit, legal, human resources, IT, compliance, risk management, ethics, the boards, etc…).
- How to explain the benefits of an integrated GRC capability to management and the board of directors
- How to develop and implement a GRC strategic plan and get started setting up your GRC capability
- Knowledge and information necessary to pass the GRC Professional certification exam and obtain individual certification in GRC as part of the course
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Internal auditors
- Compliance professionals
- Governance professionals
- Risk management professionals
- GRC professionals
- Legal professionals
- IT professionals dealing with GRC
- Managers responsible for GRC activities
- Executives and board members
Governance Risk and Compliance Professional Certification
OCEG is a global nonprofit think-tank that helps organizations drive Principled Performance® and enhance culture by providing standards, tools and resources to integrate governance, risk, internal control and compliance processes. More info can be found at www.OCEG.org
- Length 4 days
- Level Advanced Training
- Industry Audit, Regulation & Compliance
- Prerequisites None
- Association IABFM - International Academy of Business and Financial Management
- Language English
- This program is worth 35 CPE credits
– Governance, Risk Management & Compliance Basics Module
– Learn Component
– Align Component
– Perform Component
– Review Component
– Other Relevant Standards and Frameworks
– GRC Strategy
– Providing Assurance on GRC Capability
– GRC Professional Exam Preparation Module
– GRC Professional Exam
– GRC Audit application
Group Senior Internal Auditor
Senior GRC Consultant