The course covers private equity in depth, starting with the strategic framework, proceeding to evaluation of targets, company valuation and financing, the legal and regulatory framework, and the deal execution process. It concludes with assessment of post-investment value creation, and utilizes a number of real life case studies, including many in which the instructor has had personal involvement. Exercises are conducted in excel and group discussion.
- Formulating and implementing the optimal business strategy to make a private equity investment succeed
- Cultivating management traits endowing the skills and expertise to run the business successfully
- Evaluating the best options using appropriate decision making criteria including financial tools, such as appraisal techniques, relevant models, tax considerations, deal execution and value creation
- Utilizing optimal methods of negotiating investment opportunities, deal structures and exit strategies
- Constructing and funding an optimal private equity portfolio, considering investment allocation, returns and benchmarking
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Corporate analysts, private equity firms, bankers and financiers, accounting and advisory firms, government bodies, family owned businesses, legal and regulatory consultants, originators of debt and equity funding, investment professionals.
CERTIFIED PRIVATE EQUITY SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION
The International Academy of Business and Financial Management™ is one of the world’s fastest growing professional associations with more than 200,000 members, associates and affiliates in 145 countries. IABFM™ hosts and organizes certification training worldwide and offers exclusive board
designations to candidates who meet the highest professional standards and assessment criteria.
The IABFM is credited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) the International Standards setting authority.
- Length 5 days
- Level Advanced Training
- Industry Financial Services
- Prerequisites None
- Association IABFM - International Academy of Business and Financial Management
- Language English
- This program is worth 35 NASBA CPE credits
THE MARKETS, BUSINESS STRUCTURES AND ACCESS TO MARKET
- Private equity markets globally
- Trends and outlook
- Private Equity today
WORKING A POTENTIAL DEAL TO THE POINT OF DECISION
- Deal and funding sources
- Investing and funding
- Core concepts of business strategy and operating risk
- Due diligence
CLOSING AND TAKING OWNERSHIP OR CONTROL OF A DEAL
- Deal evaluation and planning
- Deal structures
- Deal negotiations
RUNNING A PRIVATE EQUITY BUSINESS
- Closure and completion
- First 90 days
- Three years
DEVELOPING A SUSTAINABLE PRIVATE EQUITY BUSINESS
- Exit strategies
- Building a private equity business
- Performance and benchmarks
- Course review and discussion