CPHQ Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality
This course is designed to help those who are planning to take the Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) examination. The course will follow the CPHQ exam matrix and will help participants focus their study efforts. Throughout the course short videos, practice questions and focused learning exercises are offered that provide definitions and examples of concepts covered in the course modules. Participants should come to the workshop with functional knowledge in areas identified in the CPHQ exam outline, which may be obtained at www.cphq.org. The Course will present information on healthcare quality methods, information management, strategy and leadership, change management and innovation, continuous readiness, and patient safety. Q-Solutions: Essential Resources for the Healthcare Quality Professional, Third Edition, is recommended for the course. Purchase this book in the NAHQ Online Store (www.nahq.org). Please note: Completion of NAHQ’s CPHQ Review Course does not guarantee a passing grade on the examination.
- Identify the alignment between a quality program and organizational systems.
- Explain confidentiality principles and the impact of health information management on quality.
- Recognize patient safety goals and priorities.
- Identify the quality professional’s role in assisting with implementing patient safety activities.
- Understand accreditation, the value of accreditation, the accreditation process and examples of agencies offering accreditation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Any healthcare professional whose scope of work includes quality and safety.
- Quality Professionals
- Nursing Professionals
- Infection Prevention & Control Professionals
- Medical Technologists
- Executive Management Consultants
- Clinical and Quality Consultants
- Review and prepare for the CPHQ Examination by identifying test taking tips and recognizing examination resources to use following the course.
- Apply core quality improvement, assessment, control and assurance principles in health care quality practice
- Facilitate the assessment and development of the organization’s culture to support strategic planning and linking performance/quality improvement activities with quality goals and objectives
- Apply process analysis tools, basic statistical techniques and methods for statistical process control useful in designing and constructing quality and performance improvement activities (e.g. principles of qualitative and quantitative data collection).
- Facilitate assessment and ongoing development of the organization’s patient safety culture and link patient safety activities with strategic goals and objectives.
- Length 5 days
- Level Intermediate
- Industry Healthcare
- Prerequisites 2+ years of experience in the healthcare industry. (university degree – preferable)
- Association NAHQ - National Association for Healthcare Quality
- Language English
- This program is worth 35 NASBA CPE credits
- Introduction to Healthcare Quality
- Course Introduction & Examination Review
- Module One: Quality Leadership & Structure
- Module Two: Information Management
- Module Three: Performance Measurement & Process Improvement
- Module Four: Healthcare Safety
- Module Five: Regulation, Accreditation and Continuous Readiness