CSWP Certified Strategic Workforce Planner
Your business strategy is only as good as the workforce executing it. Their judgments, experiences, and capabilities often make the difference between strategic success and failure. If you don’t get the people process right, you will never fulfill the potential of the business. The course crystallizes the formulation, integration, and execution of a company’s workforce strategy with its’ business strategy. You will leave with a model for ensuring you have a workforce that can consistently execute on current and future strategic business plans and can be applied immediately to your business. This course provides participants with the technical foundation, strategies, and solutions to effectively assess, plan, and implement strategic workforce planning initiatives. This course content consists of technical deep-dives accompanied with practical, workforce planning application scenarios to leverage Strategic Workforce Planning as a competitive advantage. It will give participants the hands-on practice, tools, techniques to build strategic capability in enterprise-wide workforce planning. Once workforce capability gaps have been identified, creating a strategic approach to staffing is core to driving business results. By exploring the end-to-end talent acquisition process, participants will learn the latest strategies for sourcing and attracting targeted candidates, methods for assessing and selecting the “right and best fit” candidates, techniques to build a powerful employment brand, and how to create a premium candidate experience.
COURSE KEY TAKEAWAYS
- Understand key issues that arise during business strategy shifts; apply workforce planning frameworks and tools to manage uncertainty, mitigate risk, and balance competing priorities.
- Design a strategic workforce planning ecosystem that includes strategy integration, data analysis, cost modeling, current and future state profiling, risk analysis, talent action plans, and implementation.
- Leverage Proven Strategy-Driven Workforce Planning frameworks and the Strategic Workforce Planning Roadmap to implement workforce planning in your company as a pilot or enterprise-wide application.
- Learn and apply the Seven Components of Strategic Staffing to drive improved performance for sourcing, attracting, selecting and on-boarding “best fit” candidates for the firm.
- Examine your company’s current work force planning capabilities and how to best to use and implement strategic work force planning in your enterprise or business unit setting
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Middle to senior-level managers who are involved in the development of workforce planning functions at the corporate, business, or functional level in their organizations.
- It is equally applicable for line managers responsible for workforce planning and staffing within their business units.
- Representative titles would include Vice Presidents, Directors, Senior Managers, Strategic Planners, Consultants, as well as Corporate and Business Planners in areas like finance, operations, and Human Resources.
- This training is especially suitable for a company or business unit in industries undergoing moderate to significant strategic business changes that want to ensure a reliable methodology for shaping a workforce capable of meeting future strategic business objectives.
STRATEGIC WORKFORCE PLANNER COURSE CERTIFICATION
The certification of this program is done through London School of Business and Finance. LSBF has grown from a single college focused on professional qualifications to an international network delivering a wide range of degrees in partnership with a variety of schools and associations. The college now has campuses all over the world including the UK, Singapore, and Canada, as well as using the online platform InterActive to deliver education to students who can’t attend a campus. It is a member of Global University Systems (GUS), which is a growing network of 20 institutions and academic partners providing education to over 40,000 students worldwide. In 2013, LSBF won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise. LSBF won two Global Business Excellence Awards in 2014 for Outstanding Educational Service’ and ‘Outstanding Executive’.
- Strategic Workforce Planning Context
- Strategy Translation
- Data Collection
- Forecasting and Capability Review
- Risk Identification
- Gap-Closing Talent Action Plans
- Strategic Staffing and Recruitment
- Social Media Recruitment
- Employment Branding
- Recruitment Measurement and Evaluation
- Wrap Up and Review