Supply Chain Professionals will benefit from this training by developing quality improvement tools and methodology skills. Program attendees will understand the systems and processes improvement concepts applicable to develop the supply chain into a value chain in support of organizational excellence, while performing their routine job functions and specific improvement projects. This knowledge will positively influence the performance of daily supply chain activities in correlation with the company’s quality management system. Course attendees will also develop the skills necessary to make fact-based decisions leading to improvement of business operations in general. They will gain the ability to skillfully analyze and assess the supply chain process as these processes relate to the operations and strategic goals of organization.
- Develop strategies for suppliers in alignment with the strategies of the company.
- Select appropriate quality tools to develop strong business cases for improvement efforts. Attendees will become experts in the application of the seven basic quality tools and many of the modern quality tools.
- Develop control charts and apply basic statistical process control functions to quantify supplier performance, identify improvement opportunities, and implement improvement efforts in direct support of the organization’s strategic plan and customer requirements.
- Build high performing company-supplier teams for increasing the contributions of suppliers to the total value of the products and services they provide to the company.
- Analyze the performance of suppliers in relation to cost, risk, and relationship management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for supply chain professionals such as procurement agents (buyers), with duties and responsibilities associated with selecting, analyzing, and assessing supplier performance. Practical experience in any supply chain related function and a basic understanding of the supply chain process are required.
The American Society for Quality (ASQ) is the world’s leading authority on quality. With more than 80,000 individual and organizational members, this professional association advances learning, quality improvement, and knowledge exchange to improve business results, and to create better workplaces and communities worldwide. Today, ASQ has become a global organization, with members in more than 140 countries. ASQ now has service centers in Mexico, China, and India, and has established strategic alliances with numerous organizations to promote ASQ products and training. A rich history and bright future; we are ASQ, the Global Voice of Quality™. LEORON is an official educational partner for ASQ for number of EMEA countries.
I. General Introduction.
a. Differing perspectives on quality
II. Supplier Strategy
a. Supply chain mission and vision
b. Supplier life cycle management
c. Supply chain cost analysis
d. Supplier agreements or contracts
e. Deployment strategy and expectations
f. Global supply chain and international standards
III. Risk Management
b. Analysis and mitigation
IV. Supplier Selection and Part Qualification
a. Product/service requirements definition
b. Supplier selection planning
c. Part, process and service qualification
V. Supplier Performance Monitoring and Improvement
a. Supplier performance monitoring
b. Assess nonconforming product/process/service
c. Supplier corrective and preventive action
VI. Supplier Quality Management
a. Supplier quality monitoring
b. Control charts and basic SPC
c. Teams and team processes
d. Compliance with requirements and supplier categorization
e. Introduction to lean and six sigma
f . Validating the supplier quality system
VII. Relationship Management
a. Supplier onboarding
c. Leadership and collaboration
VIII. Business Governance, Ethics and Compliance
a. ASQ Code of Ethics