COBIT®5 is ISACA’s framework for governance and management of enterprise Information Technology. COBIT®5 incorporating the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques, and provides globally accepted principles, practices, tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems. COBIT®5 expands on COBIT®4.1 by integrating other major frameworks and standards and resources, including ISACA’s Val IT and Risk IT, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) and related standards from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). AB Consulting is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) by APMG is associated with AB Consulting and provides Accredited Trainers for the COBIT®5 Foundation Course. The “COBIT®5 Foundation” course teaches you the basic principles of the COBIT® 5 framework. This instructor‐led COBIT®5 Foundation Training Course provides an overview of COBIT® 5. The course will provide existing practitioners and potential new COBIT® users’ excellent insight into the new framework and explain the differences between COBIT®4.1 and COBIT® 5. Included in this course is an introduction to the new COBIT Assessment Program using COBIT®5. This course enables participants to understand the issues and implications of IT governance and good computing practices, considered as support for the creation of value.
- Understand the principles the governance of enterprise IT and explain the differences between governance and management
- Assess how the COBIT® 5 processes help guide the creation of the five basic principles and the seven governance and management enablers
- Realise the key roles and responsibilities in managing IT in the organization, and became able to design the needed structures for successful and secured IT.
- Describe the basics of how to implement COBIT® 5
- Understand the differences between COBIT® 4.1 and COBIT® 5 and what to consider when transitioning
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The target audience includes:
- Current COBIT® 4.1 users needing to decide if they want to adopt COBIT® 5
- Users who are new to COBIT, want to learn more about COBIT® 5
- All core IT professionals working in audit, assurance, risk, security and governance.
The course is intended namely for:
- Chief Executives
- Business management
- IT/IS auditors
- Internal auditors
- Information security and IT practitioners
- IT service managers.
- IT/IS management
- Anyone interested in learning about COBIT® 5
COBIT 5 CERTIFICATION
ISACA was incorporated in 1969 by a small group of individuals who recognized a need for a centralized source of information and guidance in the growing field of auditing controls for computer systems. Today, ISACA serves 140,000 professionals in 180 countries.
As an independent, nonprofit, global association, ISACA engages in the development, adoption and use of globally accepted, industry-leading knowledge and practices for information systems. Previously known as the Information Systems Audit and Control Association, ISACA now goes by its acronym only, to reflect the broad range of IT governance professionals it serves.
- Length 3 days
- Level Advanced Training
- Industry Audit, Regulation & Compliance
- Prerequisites None
- Association ISACA - Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- Language English
- This program is worth 21 NASBA CPE credits
– Overview and Key Features of COBIT®5
– The 5 Principles of COBIT®5
– The 7 Enablers of COBIT®5
– COBIT®5 Implementation
– Process Capability Assessment
– Exam preparation