EACLP Effective Audit Committee Leading Practices
Effective board members bring to the table skills and capabilities that differ distinctly from those of management and other corporate leaders.
Good management involves matching key tasks with the appropriate people to achieve better results. On ground, audit committee is the most important committee formed by the board. The primary role of an audit committee is to provide oversight of the financial reporting process, the audit process, the system of internal controls and compliance with laws and regulations. This role is being extended provided today’s progressive and aggressive business environment.
The Key focus for having solid Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) system and effective Corporate Governance became basic requirement for audit committee to enable value creation for all stakeholders.
Our program paves the way to mastering the skills required to govern and manage risks successfully by applying the leading best practices in the market.
After completing our two-day program, participants will:
- Understand how the role of an audit committee has changed in today’s increasingly regulated business environment
- Recognize corporate governance best practice code
- Know the secret sauce for major middle east success stories in establishing effective corporate governance
- Able to apply different ways to achieve financial reporting oversight
- Able to apply the leading practice for Internal Control & Risk oversight
- Identify secrets for obtaining high quality “Internal” and “External” audit
- Assess how IFRS 15, IFRS 16, IFRS 13, and newly VAT impact STC financial results
A unique learning experience that match our top-level audience through an interactive discussion, case study, engaging debates, and reflective questions.
Effective Audit Committee Leading Practices
Leading practice for effective and efficient Audit Committee
- Audit committee charter
- Changes in audit committee roles and responsibilities
- Interaction with the compensation, risk and other committees
- Ways to achieve effective and efficient financial reporting oversight
- Leading practice for Internal Control & Risk oversight
- Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Controls: emerging trends, practices, and benefits
- Control models and frameworks
- The changing nature of internal audit function
- “A bigger role”—How can Internal Audit add real value to the business?
- The secrets of high-quality external audit—A comparative study
- Opportunities to improve committee’s effectiveness and efficiency
- Audit committee self-assessment techniques and mechanisms
- The governance cycle and trends
- Core attributes of an effective corporate governance
- Corporate governance best practice code
- Role of Audit Committee in Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance Success Stories—middle east based
Newly issued IFRSs
- IFRS 15—Revenues from Contracts with Customers
- IFRS 16—Leases
- IFRS 13—Fair Value Measurement
VAT impact on the telecommunication sector