EI – Emotional Intelligence
Emotional Intelligence is about perceiving emotions, using emotions, understanding emotions and managing emotions. This has an impact on relationships, decision making, leadership and many more areas. This intensive two-day programme will deal the knowledge, skills and mindset attendees need for strong Emotional Intelligence and application of Emotional Intelligence in various workplace contexts.
- Have developed their Emotional Intelligence overall for better working practices and relationships.
- Have advanced their self-awareness and developed their emotional resilience and self-regulation.
- Have a higher level of empathy and have higher motivation and competence in motivating others.
- Be able to coach and train others in Emotional Intelligence.
- Have grown their competences in handling, managing, calming, resolving and using conflict as well as related areas such as negotiating and mediating.
- Have improved their leadership competences through Emotional Intelligence.
- Have formed personal action
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who wishes to develop their Emotional Intelligence and related competences for work.
The course will involve a range of training tasks and approaches and will include:
- Trainer input
- Individual, pair, small group and whole group work
- Controlled discussions
- Case study analysis
- Practical team problem solving tasks
- Profilers and questionnaires
- Co-coaching practices
- Spoken and written communicative tasks
- Gamified tasks
- Reflection, peer feedback and trainer feedback
- Length 2 days
- Level Foundation
- Industry Management & Leadership
- Prerequisites The course will deal with some advanced concepts and requires competences in critical thinking and reflection.
- Association LEORON - Professional Development Institute
- Language English
- This program is worth 14 NASBA CPE credits
- Introductions and group dynamics
- Course objectives
- What is “Emotional Intelligence”?
- Emotional Intelligence and its components
- Benefits of Emotional Intelligence in the workplace
- Taking the Emotional Intelligence questionnaire
- Self-awareness: what emotions are, language of emotions, ensuring respect in the workplace
- Self-regulation and emotional resilience: types of stress and sources of pressure, managing stress, building resilience
- Motivation: types and theories of motivation, motivational systems
- Empathy: the meaning and power of empathy, using empathy to connect with others
- Conflict: building trust, knowing your conflict mode, conflict handling approaches, negotiating and Emotional Intelligence, collaborating, mediating and mediation techniques
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence: the six leadership styles, fairness, “primal leadership” and leading through emotion and empathy, feedback and overcoming fear of feedback, assessing our own leadership
Techniques to boost productivity
- Decision making and Emotional Intelligence: decision making styles, considering Emotional Intelligence in your decisions, why we make bad decisions
- Coaching and building emotional intelligence in others: coaching in the workplace, training and developing Emotional Intelligence in teams and individuals
- Emotional Intelligence and business functions: written communication and Emotional Intelligence, using Emotional Intelligence in meetings
- Evaluation of Emotional Intelligence in the workplace
- Case study analysis
- Personal action planning