An important aspect of the financial services industry is the management of financial risk on behalf of its customers and owners. To discuss the risks faced by a financial services firm is, therefore, to address one of the core reasons for its existence. For risk management practitioners, that is what gives the disciplines within risk management their importance – and their intellectual appeal.
The basic concepts are not difficult to grasp, as will be seen as we progress through this course, but understanding their interrelationship is sometimes less straightforward.
Accordingly, this course will help professionals advance their intellectual and practical appeal in the following areas:
– Principles of Risk Management
– International Risk Regulation
– Operational, Credit and Market Risk
– Investment and Liquidity Risk
– Corporate Governance and Risk Oversight
– Model Risk
– Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Main principles of risk management in institutions and how to embed them;
- Identification of different types of risk (eg, operational, credit, market), and risk mitigation techniques;
- Recognition of the need for effective corporate governance and how to implement it;
- Comprehension of the role of risk management in relation to regulation;
- Understanding and application of enterprise risk management frameworks.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course and exam are essential for any professional undertaking a function or career in financial risk management. It is suited to those involved in risk and compliance, regulatory activities, bankers, analysts and company directors.
The CISI is the largest and most widely respected professional body for the securities and investment industry in the growing number of financial center’s globally. With the highest standards of professionalism , CISI Offers the following three elements in the wider financial services area: Knowledge, Skills and Behavior.
Formed in 1992 by London Stock Exchange practitioners, CISI has a global community of more than 40,000 members in 121 countries, where more than 41,000 exams were sat in the 2015 calendar year.
- Length days
- Level Advanced Training
- Industry Financial Services
- Prerequisites None
- Association CISI - Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment
- Language English
- This program is worth 35 NASBA CPE credits