The Lean Bronze Certification and Portfolio Review Program is an opportunity to incorporate a solid foundation of training and validation of knowledge and experience for your Lean Journey. Prepare for and take the Bronze Level exam followed by a full-day review of your portfolio all in the same package! Sponsored by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), Association for Manufacturing Engineers (AME), The Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence, and ASQ, Lean Certification standardizes practices within organizations, regardless of size or industry. The first day and a half of this focused, instructor-led review session, prepares candidates for the Lean Certification Bronze-level exam. A combination of concept presentations, practice exams, worksheets development and discussion, and group question review is highlighted. Topics covered in the exam are reviewed by authorized lean facilitators to help prepare you to take the Bronze-level Lean Certification exam which will be delivered electronically in the afternoon of the second day. Participants will know whether they passed the exam right away. The third day will be devoted to reviewing and revising your portfolio of Lean projects. Targeted at companies on lean journeys, and to lean champions and practitioners charged with facilitating those lean transformations, this event is geared for those who are preparing for Lean Bronze certification. With Lean Bronze Certification your education and training focuses on how to apply lean principles, concepts, and methods within a work cell, work group, or value stream. Earning your Lean Bronze Certification demonstrates your solid understanding of basic lean principles and tools, and your ability to apply tactical implementation to drive improvement and show measurable results.
The presentation of information to the students is in various formats:
– Lecture: (explaining a topic that is presented on the slide)
– Practice exams: (where the students take the practice exam, then correct answers are given and followed by discussion concerning questions if required)
– Worksheet with questions: to be done individually, reviewed and discussed within the group, then followed with the correct questions and a discussion concerning correct answers if required
– Topic questions review: as a group, they are researching a specific topic, documenting key points, and constructing a potential exam question on that topic.
* IMPORTANT NOTE: You must bring a laptop computer or tablet to take the exam
- Understand the exam content and materials used to create the exam.
- Understand the structure and format of the exam.
- Have greater confidence when planning to take the Bronze–level exam.
- Know how to do a solid review of the Lean Certification body of knowledge.
- Complete practice exam questions that illustrate what to expect on the examination.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Individuals with some lean experience and looking to achieve their Lean Certification should attend this training. This course is specific to studying and preparing for the Bronze-level certification exam and also has some practical aspects of lean and case studies included.
SME (previously Society of Manufacturing Engineers) has a rich and evolving heritage spanning more than 80 years. We serve the manufacturing industry as a nonprofit by promoting advanced manufacturing technology and developing a skilled workforce. And, we work closely with manufacturers to share knowledge and resources that generate solutions meeting industry demands.
Day 1 & 2
Lean Bronze Prep
II. Lean Certification Overview
III. Practice Exam 1 – (Practice Exam and Review)
IV. Section 1 and 3 – Cultural Enablers (Team Research)
V. Section 2 – Continuous Process Improvement (Lecture)
VI. Section 2 – Continuous Process Improvement (Team Research)
VII. Section 2 – Continuous Process Improvement (Worksheets and Group Review)
VIII. Additional Check Activity and Handout Review from Section 2
IX. Section 4.0 – Business Results (Team Research)
X. Formula Review (Worksheet and Review Questions)
XI. Practice Exam 2 (Practice Exam and Review)
XII. Test–taking Strategies
XIII. Portfolio Development
XIV. Wrap–up and Review
Day 3 & 4
Strategic and Tactical Lean in Practice
XV. History of Lean, Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma
XVI. Lean Simulations
XVII. Critical Lean Advances*
Day 5 (AM)
Day 5 (PM)
Lean Bronze Exam