This is a practical course which utilizes a case study and the participants own situation to give a practical understanding to the theory covered. Organisations around the world are implementing formal project management processes and disciplines to deliver their work initiatives on time, within budget and, to an agreed upon level of quality. Part of the ability to execute better, faster and cheaper, comes from the ability to implement common processes and practices across your entire organisation.
When that happens, there is no learning curve for the project manager and the team members as they transition from one project to another. Many organisations have accomplished this through a centralized organisation that is responsible for developing and deploying the common project management methodology.
These groups are often referred to as a “Project Management Office”, “Project Office” or “Project Management Center of Excellence”. Setting up a Project Management Office may seem like a daunting task, but this class can help you by providing a logical model for setting up and using the PMO to deploy project management products and services throughout the organisation.
COURSE KEY TAKEAWAYS
- Understanding the importance, merit and value of Project Management Office
- Comprehend PMO lifecycle and the overall impact on the organization
- Identify the implementation steps, ranging from a single project-based to enterprise-wide Project Management Office
- Delineate and describe Project Management Office distinct roles in a single and networked context, as well as across different organization levels
- Learn new tools and techniques that were not used before in the Project management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- PMO/PM/PgM/PfM professionals
- Managers, project stakeholders and Project Management Office personnel
- Senior consultants involved in projects and/or organizational change
- PMO/Project/Program/Portfolio beneficiaries and sponsors
- Directors of projects and programs
- Members of PMO core teams
The Association of Senior International Project Managers™ is a worldwide Professional Management organization with members in many countries hosting and organizing certification training worldwide and offering our exclusive board certification designations to candidates
who meet the high standards in the field of Project Management.
- Length 5 days
- Level Advanced Training
- Industry Projects
- Prerequisites None
- Association ASIPM - Association of Senior International Project Managers
- Language English
- This program is worth 35 PDU’s
UNDERSTANDING THE STRATEGIC PMO
PROJECT PORTFOLIO & THE STRATEGIC PMO
PMO ORGANISATION, STRUCTURES & FUNCTIONS
ESTABLISHING A PROJECT MANAGEMENT METHODOLOGY & PMO GOVERNANCE
THE PMO’S ROLE IN COMPETENCY & MATURITY DEVELOPMENT
DELIVERING BUSINESS RESULTS VIA THE PMO
DEVELOPING THE ENTERPRISE PMO
LESSON LEARNT FROM THE CASE STUDIES