Program management is the centralized, coordinated management of a program to achieve the program’s strategic benefits and objectives, the standard for Program Management. By definition, program management addresses systemic issues and focuses on business and strategic aspects of projects and programs that cannot be resolved at the project management level. Organizations are increasingly seeking to better integrate and coordinate multiple projects to deliver business value. Obtaining PMI’s® Program Management Professional (PgMP)® credential your advanced experience and skills as a program manager are globally recognized. The PgMP® demonstrates your competency to oversee multiple, related projects and their resources to achieve benefits and strategic goals.
COURSE KEY TAKEAWAYS
- Deeper understanding of the hard and soft factors relating to program management
- Prepare for the certification for PgMP® and be part of a small elite club of program managers (less than 2000 world-wide)
- The confidence of understanding how best to setup and run successful programs
- Confidence of business success through the selection and running of programs
- Take yourself to the next level of understanding and be seen as a mentor and leader in the field of programs and projects.
- Get the best possible preparation and develop proficiency for passing PgMP® credential exam.
- Acquire knowledge of Program Management and significantly increase your understanding of the differences between projects and programs and portfolios.
- Develop your skill set on how to do the selection, management, planning, execution and controlling process through hands-on group exercises, practical case studies and top-notch theory sources from the leading literature, as well as PMI’s® Standard for Program Management V3 and achieve organizational success.
- Demonstrate your deep understanding and prove that you have the advanced experience, knowledge and skills necessary to define and oversee multiple projects, and deliver on important organizational objectives.
- Use effective program management tools and techniques, identify and implement best practice and ensurethe realization of project and program benefits
- Attain advanced expertise for senior roles as program manager.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Project, program, functional managers and program sponsors who want to understand more about the differences between projects and programs and why and how to setup programs to increase the overall benefits to the organization.
- Project and program managers who wish to take to PMI® PgMP® certification for program management.
- Consultants who have worked on projects and programs who wish to increase their understanding of project and programs
- Functional managers, which governance structures influence the selection, comprehensiveness and use of methodologies.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
PMI® is one of the world’s largest not-for-profit membership associations for the project management profession. Our professional
resources and research empower more than 700,000 members, credential holders and volunteers in nearly every country in the world to enhance their careers, improve their organizations’ success and further mature the profession.
Program Management Professional (PMI® – PgMP®) credential is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
*“PMI” and “PgMP” are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
»» PgMP eligibly and certification process including timeline
»» Developing you PgMP application
»» Preparing a Sample Program for your PgMP Application
»» Developing your Program Management Summaries
»» Introduction into projects, programs and portfolios
»» Project and program success/failure – multi-view perspective
»» Relationship among program management, operations management, and organizational strategy
»» Business value
»» Role of the program manager versus project manager
Program management performance domains
»» Definitions, Program Life Cycle Phases, Activities
»» Program Management Performance Domain Interactions
»» Program and Project Distinctions: Uncertainty, Change
»» Program and Portfolio Distinctions
»» Organizational Strategy, Portfolio Management, and
»» Program Management Linkage
»» PgMP Sample Exam 1
Program strategy alignment
»» Organizational Strategy and Program Alignment: Business Case, Program Plan
»» Program Roadmap
»» Environmental Assessments: Factors, Analysis
»» PgMP Sample Exam 2
Program Benefits management
»» Benefits Identification
»» Business Case, Benefits Register
»» Benefits Analysis and Planning
»» Benefits Realization Plan
»» Benefits Management and the Program Roadmap
»» Benefits Delivery: Components, Governance
»» Benefits Transition
»» Benefits Sustainment
»» PgMP Sample Exam 3
Program stakeholder engagement
»» Program Stakeholder Identification
»» Stakeholder Engagement & Planning Program Governance
»» Program Governance Boards
»» Program Governance Board Responsibilities
»» Relationship Between Program Governance and Program Management
»» Common Individual Roles Related to Program Governance
»» Programs as Governing Bodies: The Governance of
»» Other Governance Activities that Support Program Management
»» The Program Management Office
»» Program Management Information Systems, Knowledge Management, Audit Support, Training
»» PgMP Sample Exam 4
Program Life Cycle Management
»» The Program Life Cycle
»» Program Definition Phase
»» Program Benefits Delivery Phase
»» Program Closure Phase
»» Mapping of the Program Life Cycle to Program Supporting Processes
»» PgMP Sample Exam 5
Program management supporting processes
»» Program Communications Management
»» Program Financial Management
»» Program Integration Management
»» Program Procurement Management
»» Program Quality Management
»» Program Resource Management
»» Program Risk Management
»» Program Schedule Management
»» Program Scope Management
»» Content overview
»» Sample Exam questions
»» What comes after a career in program management?
»» Latest in project and program management research
»» Questions and Answers session
»» Certificate ceremony and close