PSDM – Problem Solving and Decision Making
Operational staff need to make decisions and solve problems at work on a daily basis, whether in conducting their daily tasks or as part of a continuous improvement effort aiming to streamline operations, reduce time or improve customer satisfaction. Making sure that they make the right decisions and effectively solve problems, require applying a structured approach to problem solving that enables to identify the problem, gather and analyze information, generate and evaluate options, make a rational decision to select the most suitable options, implement it successfully and evaluate its success.
This 2-day interactive and highly engaging course helps operations individuals understand the fundamentals of problem solving, develop creative and critical thinking skills, decision making skills and learn how to utilize different problem solving tools techniques to solve problems successfully in their operations environment. Participants will engage in several operations related exercises, examples and case studies that are relevant to the real-life problems they face on a daily basis.
- Understand the different approaches to problem solving.
- Practically apply the problem solving and decision- making process on any operational problem.
- Utilize different tools and techniques to gather and analyze data and solve operations problems.
- Develop your creative and critical thinking skills.
- Effectively generate and evaluate alternate solutions to operations related problem.
- Use a structure approach to decision making to select a solution.
- Effectively plan for, communicate, implement and evaluate success of your decisions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for supervisors and front-line staff in operations who want to improve their creative problem solving and decision-making skills.
Instructor led lectures, real life exercises, case study reviews, role playing, scenarios and group discussions using an integrated learning approach.
All cases, exercises, scenarios and games focus on operational problems.
SESSION 1: Problem Solving Basics
SESSION 2: Problem Solving Process
SESSION 3: Problem Solving Styles
SESSION 4: Creative and Critical Thinking
SESSION 5: Gathering and Analyzing Information
SESSION 6: Evaluating and Selecting Solutions
SESSION 7: Operations Problem Solving Tools and Techniques
SESSION 8: Implementing the Solution