Warehouse Best Practices
The purpose of this course is to train a new genre of dynamic warehouse and logistics professionals, who know the latest trends and are capable of handling new challenges through studying the critical issues in managing supply chains such as Inventory and Warehouse Management, Operations Planning and logistics management, this course will help to understand how supply chain decisions impact the performance of the firm and its role in achieving the strategic objectives. The key will be to understand the link between supply chain structures and capabilities in a firm.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key drivers, dimensions and performance measures of effective supply chain management.
- Review actual supply chain management practices.
- Gain functional knowledge of production and inventory management.
- Able to manage global supply chain activities in effective way.
- Recognize the principles of warehouse or stores location and layout whilst applying proper stock flow, rotation and recording.
- Identify the modern warehouse activities; warehouse strategies; and changes in the operational scope and capabilities of warehouses; fundamental warehouse decisions; warehouse and materials handling operations; and the functionality and requirements of product packaging.
- Know the best practice in logistics management and transportation technology
- Appreciate the role of supply chain management for the overall success of business and apply supply chain concepts in a simulated learning environment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All people involved in:
- Warehouse Management
- Production and Inventory Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Purchasing, Procurement and Contract Management
- Materials management
The trainer will deploy a full range of lively and interactive training methods, including exercises, role plays, case studies, practice sessions and group discussions. Each topic will be underpinned by a presentation that highlights key issues to focus on. The learning experience will be supported by a reference manual containing examples of best practice. Participants will make presentations and receive personal feedback on their performance. Discussions will participants to share their own experiences with the rest of the group.
Eng. Feras is supply chain/operations professional with over 16 years of hands-on experience in the supply chain field.
He graduated from the American University in Cairo (AUC), Egypt in 2002 with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with double specialization: Industrial Engineering and Materials and Manufacturing. In 2009, he became “Certified in production and Inventory management (CPIM) from APICS; one of the most respected Supply chain organizations worldwide. In 2015, he became a “Certified Master APICS instructor”, which is the highest APICS instructor ranking. He is one very few to be awarded such certification in the Middle East & Africa region.
In addition to the strong specialized academic background, he has a diverse on hands experience in all supply chain disciplines after working in 5 big companies: Unilever (FMCG), Mars (FMCG), Shell (Oil), Kraft Foods (Mondelez) (FMCG) and Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK) (Pharmaceutical).
He has experience in fields like: Strategic planning, Production, production planning, demand management, procurement, Inventory management, material requirements planning (MRP), capacity planning, sales and operations planning (S&OP), master scheduling, performance measurements (KPIs), supplier management, quality control/ISO/HACCP, continuous improvement, Lean and TPM, logistics, Warehousing, customs clearance, distribution and freight, project management, health safety and Environment (HSE), designing distribution networks and Fleet management. He also participated in big projects like starting up plants and warehouses from scratch, merging companies, transforming supply chains through lean/TPM/JIT implementation and implementing different ERP systems like SAP.
In his career, he worked in different geographical areas: Europe, Africa and Middle East which allows him to work smoothly with diverse cultures.
Eng. Feras has started teaching APICS CPIM since 2012. Since then he taught in many different places in the Middle East and Africa. Currently he has over 600 hours of teaching.
Mostafa started consultancy work in 2013. His approach in consultancy depends on 2 aspects: strong, mistake-proof processes and money generating/saving projects. He is familiar with the latest technological and business trends associated with the fields of interest and he implements this knowledge in the companies he work for with the aim to maximize their operational efficiency and achieve their supply chain excellence.
Currently, he is dedicating effort and time to spread supply chain knowledge as he believes in the role of supply chain in developing the world and making it a better place for the next generations.
|Warehouse Best Practices
06 – 10 October
|Vienna – Austria||4.300 USD|
Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Overview of Supply Chain Management?
- Supply chain Vs. Value Chain
- Uncertainty and Risk Factors
- Evolution of Supply Chain Management
- Key Issues in Supply Chain Management
- Understanding how efficient management and control of a supply chain can gain competitive advantage
- Impact of physical and information flows on integration and harmonization
- Achieving supply chain planning from strategic and operational perspective
- Impact of modern technology on supply chain
- CRM role in Supply Chain Management
Case Study: Kroger supply chain
Inventory Management and Control
- Understanding the purpose of inventory management
- The impact of inventory management on supply chain
- Inventory Management vs. Inventory Control
- Forecasting Principles and Techniques
- Stages of Inventory Control
- The Life Cycle of Inventory
- Demand Management
- Stock Replenishment Systems
- Stock Valuation Methods
- Inventory Positioning and Logistics Coordination
- Sales and Operations Planning and Process
Case Study: Walmart JIT System
Warehouse Management and Operations
- Understanding the need and role of developing appropriate warehouse policy
- Resource requirements of warehousing
- Stores Warehousing Location and Layout
- Key warehousing activities
- Relevant legislation applicable to warehouse
- The importance of technological advancements within a warehouse in supply chain
- Warehouse Management Using RFID
- Operations of warehouses
- Required equipment for warehouse operations
- Identifying the factors that affect the safe operations of a warehouse
- Logistics aspects of warehousing
- The plan of the receipt and storage of goods
Case Study: Ikea Warehouse and Packaging